Usually Miss Hanson will be the class teacher. Miss Atamaniuk will teach the class on Monday afternoons and Wednesday mornings.
Miss Manson and Mrs Bold will be the class teachers.
Mrs Lees and Mrs Greaves will be the teaching assistants who will work across both Reception classes throughout the week.
We will start the term by getting to know our new friends and teachers by playing together - this will also help us get to know our classroom and how to play safely with others. We will also be learning the routines that we will follow daily, like where to put our water bottles and doing the register, and practise these lots.
Our first topic of the term will be 'this is me' where we will be learning all about ourselves and our families and exploring through play. We will also be thinking about what makes us special and unique and celebrating this. We will learn more about our likes and dislikes including our favourite things.
This term we are going to start the first week with the festival of Diwali and learn about all of the customs and traditions that people follow for this celebration! We will learn about the story of Rama and Sita and use our knowledge of this to role play as some of the characters from the story. We will follow instructions to create and decorate our own Diya lamps.
This term we are going to link our 'book and buttie' morning with our topic and have a teddy bears picnic!
After the first week our topic will (mostly) be 'bears' and each week we will have a different focus book:
1. We're going on a bear hunt - we will be recreating the story in our own class books.
2. World nursery rhyme week - this is a week where we will be focusing on the 5 nursery rhymes that have been chosen for this year. These are: Baa baa black sheep, down in the jungle, incy wincy spider, row your boat, two little dickie birds and we will be doing lots of activities to practise these.
3. Goldilocks and the three bears - We will be looking at different sizes and thinking about morals. We will also be making and tasting porridge!
4. Whatever next - we will be practising our role play skills and looking at space. We will also be thinking about what food we would take to the moon for a picnic.
5. Postman bear - writing invitations to invite parents to the teddy bears picnic for postman bear to deliver!