Resources for Blended Learning
During periods when school is not fully open to children or when individual children are self-isolating at home, this bank of online resources could be useful to supplement the learning being provided by school. This is by no means an exhaustive list and other free resources are available.
We use these learning platforms in school and many children have personal login details for these.
Timestable Rockstars. Increase your timestable speed and challenge your friends.
Aimed at younger children to support them to become faster at recalling number bonds
PE activities and ideas
Countless resources across many curriculum areas for all ages
Free eReading books at your child’s level
Here is a long list of resources that may be useful. This is not an exhaustive list and none of these resources are necessarily endorsed by our school:
From the BBC:
- Twinklgo Free Access to Digital Interactive Resources for children across the primary age range during the lockdown beginning January 2021
- TTS – A choice of free downloadable workbooks for primary-aged children.
- Teacher’s Pet – some free resources for primary pupils.
EYFS and KS1
- TalkingTales - free online rhymes, songs, stories & related storytelling activities by expert storyteller Kevin Graal.
- 'Hungry Little Minds' produced by the government for parents to use with EYFS children.
- Phonics Play – Phonics Play have made made their resources free again for the duration of the school closures.
- Duolingo – A free app for your phone for students to work on their language skills, or try a new language.
Museums, art galleries, theatres and places of interest