Primary PE and Sports Premium
The U.K. Government says:
Playing sport helps to keep people healthy and is good for communities. Playing sport at school or in a local club is also the first step to competition at the highest level, which helps improve our reputation as a sporting nation, and contributes to economic growth.
5 Key Indicators for effective use of the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding:
Schools are expected to see an impact of the primary school sport funding on pupils’ lifestyles and physical well-being, and at Greasley Beauvale, we expect to see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity, kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. A broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. Increased participation in competitive sport
At Greasley Beauvale Primary School, our vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium is for ALL pupils to leave primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
2022-2023 Primary PE and Sport Premium Information
Click the link below to access our Sport Premium Funding 2022-2023 Achievements and our stragey for the 2023-24 Academic Year. The document contains information about what we used our additional funding on this year, what we aimed to achieve and also analysis of the spending with regards to impact each had on our children across the school. You will also find our Year 6 swimming results included.