We are very excited to announce that Greasley Beauvale Primary School has now legally lowered the age range to 3 years of age and will be able to take Foundation 1 aged children moving forwards. We can officially open our nursery, to allow the 'Rainbows' to join us, from the start of the summer term (after the Easter holidays from Monday 15th April 2024).
If you would like to apply for your child's place in our new nursery, please complete the application form attached below and email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. The closing date to receive applications for the initial intake is Monday 4th March 2024. You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 8th March 2024.
Also, below, is the parent declaration form that will need to be completed if you are eligible to receive 30 hours funding. Please complete this and and send it back to us along with your application form if you think you meet the criteria. If you are unsure of eligibility, please use the following links to check: https://www.gov.uk/30-hours-free-childcare or https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/ These links can also be used to apply for funding.
If you have any questions, please contact the school office.
We look forward to welcoming you to Greasley Beauvale Primary School
In year transfers and Reception year intake.
Choosing the right school for your child is an important decision for all parents and carers to make. If you are considering Greasley Beauvale Primary School, we would encourage you to book a tour to help you get a feel for our school and to see what Greasley Beauvale is all about. Tours can be requested by either calling the school office on 01773 712128 or by sending an email to email@example.com.
The school tours for Reception 2024 intake have already taken place. If you are still looking for a school for September 2024, please contact us to arrange a viewing. Open events usually take place during the Autumn term for parents and carers looking for a school for their Reception aged child the following school year. Please check the website during September 2024 to see the dates of the open events for Reception 2025 intake.
First Admission to school
Important dates to remember if your child is starting school for the first time (reception) in – September 2024 (children who are 5 years old between 01 September 2024 and 31 August 2025)
|From Monday 6th November 2023
|• Apply for a school place
• Information available to parents
|Monday 15th January 2024
|• National closing date for receipt of applications and any supplementary or supporting information including any special circumstances
|Friday 2nd February 2024
|• Last date for exceptional late applications and changes to preference to be received in order to be considered by the admission authority as on time. Proof of residence to be received where relevant.
NATIONAL OFFER DAY
Tuesday 16th April 2024
|• Emails sent to parents who provided an email address showing the outcome of their application.
• Letters sent to all other parents by second class post showing the outcome of their application
• Unsuccessful on-time applications added to waiting lists for schools with an intake at reception and year 3
• Appeals can be lodged
|Tuesday 20th May 2024
• Deadline for lodging an appeal (at least 20 school days after offer day)
|• Appeals heard
|1st September 2024
|• Applications received from this date will be processed in line with in-year arrangements.
Standard reception year admission over subscription criteria for community and voluntary controlled schools - September 2024
In the event of over subscription, the following criteria will be applied, in priority order, to decide which applications will be granted once places have first been allocated to pupils who have either an education, health and care plan or a statement of special educational needs which names the school:
1. Looked after children and previously looked after children, including those children who appear (to the admission authority) to have been in state care outside of England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted.
2. Children who live in the catchment area at the closing date for applications and who, at the time of admission, will have a brother or sister attending the school or the linked junior/primary school and children who do not live in the catchment area at the closing date for application and who, at the time of admission will have a brother or sister attending the school or the linked junior/primary school who was displaced as their Nottinghamshire community catchment area school was oversubscribed at the national offer day for first admission to school.
3. Other children who live in the catchment area at the closing date for applications.
4. Children who live outside the catchment area who, at the time of admission, will have a brother or sister attending the school or the linked junior/primary school.
5. Children who live outside the catchment area.
In-Year Transfer Admissions
If your child is already attending a school and you are considering moving your child to Greasley Beauvale, please contact Nottinghamshire County Council Admissions on 0300 5008080 for information on how to apply. Alternatively, you can find further information by clicking https://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/education/school-admissions/hub
How to apply
If you live in Nottinghamshire, you need to apply to Nottinghamshire County Council for admission to any school in any year group regardless of the school that you wish to apply for. The best way to apply for a school place is online at www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/admissions