School Vision
Home Page
  • Translate
  • Search


Information for Parents around SEND

What to do if you are concerned about your child's progress or development


If you have any concerns whatsoever about your child's learning or development, please speak to their class teacher to share your concerns (this would be an 'initial concnern' meeting). There may not be a special educational need, but your child, or you, may need some additional support to help get them back on track. At Greasley Beauvale, you do not need a diagnosis or to be on the SEND register to get support. 


If your discussion leads you and the class teacher to think there may be a special educational need, the SENDCo (Miss Taryn Manson) maybe invited to observe your child in class or attend a meeting with yourself and the class teacher to discuss the best ways to support your child (the 'initial concern' would also be reviewed at this meeting). At this meeting, as a team, you will decide whether your child needs to go on the special needs register, this just means they will get some extra, regular support and the SENDCo will be monitoring their progress as well as the class teacher. 


If further support is required, the SENDCo with yourselves as parents, will complete the necessary referral forms and support you through the process of getting other agencies involved such as paediatricians or speech and language therapy.


If you have any questions, please contact the school SENDCo Taryn Manson by email:  or phone 01773 712128