School Vision
Home Page
  • Translate
  • Search

Kimberley and Ashfield 7-a-side Tournament Report


We arrived at the tournament not even knowing who was going to play in which position since this was our first match after a long time of not playing (because of Covid). Our first match was against Horsendale. We all played outstanding however, the ball just wouldn’t go in the net no matter how hard we tried. The second match we won 1 – 0 against a good Holly Hill team. Ethan Cross scored a smooth goal in the bottom right corner to send the team wild with our first win of the tournament. In the third match, we played against Larkfields and the score ended in a 0 – 0 draw. It was a good match but we knew we were the better team and had most of the possession and scoring chances. The last game of the group stages was important as we knew we’d go home if we lost and we’d probably get through to the semi-finals if we won… We won 2- 0 and played amazingly well! Oliver Chapman scored two immense goals to send us through to the semi-finals against the Group A winners Hollywell.


In the semi-final we played against a team who were yet to lose a game and that all other teams were afraid of. That didn’t put us off though! We played some excellent football and managed to win 2 – 0 again with goals from Alfie Ormondroyd and another from Oliver Chapman. Then, on to the game we were all hoping and waiting for, the final itself. Once again, it was Larkfields who met us in the final game for the trophy. Early in the game, after some great battling and running from Ethan Cross, Hayden Sedgwick slotted the ball gracefully into the bottom corner and it looked like the trophy was on its way home with us! However, they quickly bounced back with a well-worked volley and it wasn’t long before the game was in extra time. Extra time couldn’t find a winner so the cup winners were to be decided by a penalty shootout… And we won 3 – 2!!! The cup was coming home with us!!


Written By Hayden Sedgwick, Oliver Shipley and Mr Leyshon