The best way to apply for a school place is online at www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/admissions
Important dates to remember if your child is starting school for the first time (reception) – September 2018 (children who are 5 years old between 01 September 2018 and 31 August 2019)
|From Monday 6 November 2017||• Apply for a school place
• Information available to parents
|Monday 15 January 2018||• National closing date for receipt of applications and any supplementary or supporting information including any special circumstances|
|Monday 12 February 2018||• Last date for exceptional late applications and changes to preference to be received in order to be considered by the admission authority as on time. Proof of residence to be received.|
|NATIONAL OFFER DAY
Monday 16 April 2018
|• Emails sent to online applicants with the outcome of their application
• Letters sent to parents by second class post showing the outcome of their application
• Unsuccessful on-time applications added to waiting lists for schools with an intake at reception and year 3
• Appeals can be lodged - Deadline Monday 14 May 2018
|From Thursday 4 May 2018||• Online responses processed
• Processing of late applications and changes to preferences starts
• Any available places begin to be offered from the waiting lists in line with the relevant admission over-subscription criteria
|June/July 2018||• Independent appeals heard|
|Monday 16th July 2018||• Final date for hearing appeals lodged by the deadline|
|Friday 1 September 2018||• Applications received from this date will be processed in line with in-year arrangements.|
Standard reception year admission over subscription criteria for community and voluntary controlled schools - September 2018
In the event of over subscription, the following criteria will be applied, in priority order, to decide which applications will be granted once places have first been allocated to pupils who have either an education, health and care plan or a statement of special educational needs which names the school:
1. Children who are looked after by a local authority and previously looked after children.
2. Children who live in the catchment area at the closing date for applications and who, at the time of admission, will have a brother or sister attending the school.
3. Other children who live in the catchment area at the closing date for applications.
4. Children who live outside the catchment area.