This week in English, we have been using Prepositions to show where things are: under, in , on please complete the attached work that has been sent home today.
1. We got home at midnight. 6. Did you come here by car?
2. The train travelled through the tunnel. 7. We got on the bus.
3. What's the name of this street? 8. I fell asleep during the film!
4. I found the book behind the sofa. 9. Jon put his books in his tray.
5. The football pitch is near my house. 10. They jumped over a fence.
1. I met Sue ______ a party _______ Friday night.
English homework set Friday 3rd November 2017.
Week beginning 30.10.17
This week, we have been focussing on adverbs: how or when people do things:
slowly gently angrily loudly greedily sadly
sweetly anxiously accurately quietly noisily firmly
badly happily carefully tiredly nastily tightly
Put these adverbs into a sentence.
The drink went slowly down the wolf’s throat.
Red: choose 8
Orange: choose 6
Yellow: choose 5
Blue / green: choose 4
English homework set Friday 13th October, due in Thursday 19th October 2017
This week, during our GPS lesson, we practised writing 2A sentences.
2A sentences have two adjectives (describing words) before the noun.
The princess kissed the ugly, green frog.
Ugly and green are adjectives which describe the frog (noun)
Please write 6 sentences using two adjectives and a noun.
English homework set 29th September 2017
Friday 29th September 2017
Year 3 homework due in by Thursday 5th October 2017
This week, during our GPS lesson, we focussed on using the correct determiner.
With consonants (b,c,d,f,g,h,j,k,l,m,n,p,q,r,s,t,v,w,x,z): use “a”.
With vowels (a,e,i,o,u): use “an”.
For example: an apple, a banana.
Please complete the activity set for you.